Truth is, I really wasn't well. Not that I had a fever or a cold, but my mind wasn't feeling okay. I would spend the entire night crying and then be too tired and embarrassed of the swollen bags under my eyes to face anyone the day after. I used to feel really guilty for doing this, because I thought that it wasn't a good enough excuse to stay home.
It took me sooo long but I figured, why the fuck not? Mental health is equally important as physical health, if not, even more important. Be it, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or any other mental illness, these are real conditions that requires attention. The thing with physical health is that, they can be treated with medication and will heal over a week. But with mental disorders, it would take more than medication and a week to recover. People should understand that what's in your head actually have physical effects to the body, and if not treated like it should, permanent damage can be done.
There are thousands of people out there, who would rather end their lives then to go to school, and yet they are forced to patch up their broken pieces with a pathetic band aid, pick themselves up and head for the school bus. Do you understand how that kills them inside? That's like screaming for help with no voice. And if you are one of them, I am so proud of you for making it this far, it's never easy and yet here you are reading this :)
So why the fuck are they still treated so lightly???? We should allow ourselves time to heal, if that means taking a week away from school and going to therapy then don't be afraid to go for it. It's not enough that you take day off and end up feeling miserable again, that's just like taking the cake out of the oven half cooked, leaving it out for a half a day and then putting it back in again. It will never bake. That's because it doesn't work that way, just like your brain. After all, health always come first. Your mental health comes before school, before your family and even before your physical health.
Let time heal you my friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Aye fam you good