12 February 2016

Best Thing Japan Has Ever Created

WARNING: GIF OVERLOAD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well. Where do I start? 

First of all, I'm a HUUUUUUUGGGEE fan of anime. 
I've been watching anime ever since I was 4 (first one being Pokemon obviously) and I can never really understand how people would even come close to hating it. Anime is not just a cartoon for kids, it's a work of art expressed in the most beautiful and intricate storyline. There's always deeper meanings behind every frame, every element of anime has its own unique essence which makes it the most relatable thing I can ever set my eyes on.

Oh, and no, it's nothing like Disney. 

Just like any other TV show, there are different genres of anime; like sci-fi, comedy, and adventure, all 3 in 1 being my favourite. And just like how people get attached to shows like The Office or Game Of Thrones, (both are amazing btw) the amount of hardcore worship anime receives transcends all the hate its subjected to.
Anime fucks with your emotions. With the number of times I had to pause the video just so that I can lie down, try not to cry, then cry a fuck load for 30 minutes straight is enough to water the country of Africa 3 times.

It's just, it's a totally different universe where you drown out any comprehension of reality and logic and blend right into this warmth of lit animation and tranquility. The amount of work that goes into the best animes is fuckin splendid. 

Think about it: A group of very talented people just created a whole new universe where each character is an extension of ourselves; both likeable and unlikeable, going through a tough and dramatic quest, adventure or journey through life.  It's like watching yourself on screen, doing stupid things and making stupid decisions; and then finding yourself and moving forward.  

Of course, there's always a lighthearted alternative, but the sad and complicated ones are the ones that you'll never forget. They are the most substantial ones you can externally digest; not to say that the funny ones are insignificant, I mean come on this series was hilarious.

Anime has changed my life. The emotions I felt watching anime are indescribable. It's a masterpiece. Honestly, if you've never seen anime, do it sometimes. I've learned sooo many things through countless hours of feels trips, hilarious plots and relatable shit. Tbh it's like a gateway drug to an existential depression. 

Sure, people will judge me, but I don't think anyone will ever understand how life changing some of these animes can be, and probably never will. I probably can and will never be able to fully justify the importance of anime, but that is up to you to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aye fam you good